Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Craig Brown <cb...@ecmarket.com> on 2001/11/30 23:06:06 UTC

Wsdl2java and Faults

I have defined some basic services in WSDL, generated the Java classes
using Wsdl2java and deployed the services on a JBoss/Tomcat server.
When supplied with valid input the services all perform as expected.
However, when supplied with invalid input, I run into a problem.

I have defined faults in the WSDL which are thrown by the service
methods.  These faults appear in the Port interface method signatures,
and therefore in the SoapBindingStub and SoapBindingImpl method
signatures.  When I detect an invalid input in the SoapBindingImpl, I
throw the appropriate fault ( SomeFault ).  The problem is that when it
arrives at the SoapBindingStub it is no longer SomeFault.  It is an
AxisFault, containing an InvocationTargetException, containing the fully
qualified class name of SomeFault as the fault details.

Is there a way to throw the Fault in the SoapBindingImpl and have it
arrive at the SoapBindingStub unaltered?

Craig Brown                 (t) (604) 638-2300 x131
Senior Software Developer   (f) (604) 638-2301
ecMarket                    (e) cbrown@ecmarket.com
                            (u) www.ecmarket.com

This electronic communication (email) is intended only for the use
of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged
and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the
original and all copies. Thank you.