Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Alexandre VIALE <mo...@ldh.org> on 1998/09/30 14:37:41 UTC

config/3107: NT Install script does not check if Apache is already running

>Number:         3107
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       NT Install script does not check if Apache is already running
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

I know it's stupid, but when I tried to upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 (in the
 same directory) I forgot to look out if Apache was running. I DO NOT run it
 as a service but from console.

Installation went OK, but I got an error message:
--8<----8<----8<----8<--
 n:\gigaops\network\apache>Apache.exe -s -i -d n:/GigaOps/Network/Apache
 [Wed Sep 30 13:58:15 1998] file .\os\win32\util_win32.c, line 66, assertion "s >
 = szFile && "this is a known bug"" failed
-->8---->8---->8---->8--

...and then looking at file date (and my virtual desktop too) I realized that
 Apache 1.3.1 was running and the binary file had NOT been upgraded.

Just my two cents.
>How-To-Repeat:
- Install any Apache distribution in Win32 environment.
- Run it from console.
- Run 1.3.2 installation.
>Fix:
Check for an existing apache server running...
Look for return values when copying files!