Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by Bhanu Joshi <Bh...@lntinfotech.com> on 2017/04/20 13:16:06 UTC

Query on Data Extraction from HAWQ

Hi.
I am new to HAWQ. I have a question.
Can you please tell me different ways I can extract the data from HAWQ to flat files?
I understand HAWQ also starts the data files in HDFS.

Regards,
Bhanu Joshi

RE: Query on Data Extraction from HAWQ

Posted by Jim Campbell <ja...@pivotal.io>.
You place a copy of gpfdist on the system that you want to write the file.
You will need to start the service and use the options as explained in the
documentation.  On the server, you need to create a writable external table
with the correct options for your application.  From there, it is an
insert/select statement.

James Campbell
Data Engineer
Pivotal Software
P:  571-247-6511
E:  jacampbell@pivotal.io

On April 20, 2017 at 10:15:24 AM, Joshi Bhanu (bhanu.joshi@lntinfotech.com)
wrote:

Hi,

I need to move the data to another file system. Extract from HAWQ to
downstream 3rd party system.

So I can use gpfdist and it will extract the data and can be moved to an
sftp server.

Regards,

Bhanu

E:  jacampbell@pivotal.io<ma...@pivotal.io>