Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/05 23:57:56 UTC

Documentation on how data is stored

Hello,

Is there any documentation available on how Kylin stores data on HBase? For
example, I am trying to understand how data is stored on HBase when I run
bin/sample.sh to create the "learn_kylin" project.

I looked at the HBase table for the Cube. It has 2 column families but I
don't understand what goes where in this table after Cube is built.

I setup 'remote debugging' to debug the code, but the QueryService code
seems to be off between the binary release (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/kylin/apache-kylin-1.5.3/apache-kylin-1.5.3-HBase1.x-bin.tar.gz)
and the source code (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/kylin/apache-kylin-1.5.3/apache-kylin-1.5.3-src.tar.gz
)

I will keep debugging but if any documentation about "how data is stored"
(UML diagram or something) is available, please share.

Thanks.

Re: Documentation on how data is stored

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
I dont have more info about this

But,Kylin - 1453 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1453> v1.5.2
Shardin: must be a great feature  (and affect to to Key Compose)
 - before: used hash of key
 - now: uses hash of column

In true, I have too many doubts  :)

Posted by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com>.