Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by SmashRod Alfredo <sm...@hotmail.it> on 2015/04/22 08:32:58 UTC

References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer

Hello Everyone,
my desire is to realize a file transfer from a remote machine to my local machine (accessible through ssh/scp) using an airavata workflow.

Is there any available documentation/example for the setup of both workflow involving file transfer and key registration? If it's not can someone please explain me which are the steps to follow?

Thanks a lot,

Alfredo

RE: References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer

Posted by SmashRod Alfredo <sm...@hotmail.it>.
Hi Shameera,
thanks for you reply. I think I've configured correctly the airavata-server.properties but my question belongs to the construction of the workflow allowing the file transfer.
I've already created some application interfaces which takes an URI as output without success. I haven't clear which should be the application deployment belonging to the application interface.

For example if I know (and i provide as the workflow input) the path on the remote machine where a certain file is located, which is the workflow (and the interfaces) that I need to build up?

My assumption are
Input: the interface has a single input of type URI (the value of the URI should be assigned as the reference to the machine, as example <RemoteMachineIP>:/tmp/filetotransfer
Output: the output of the application interface is of type URI as you suggested.

But which should be the application deployment?
I don't think that my assumption is correct so if you please give me an entire example to build up this kind of workflow it will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Alfredo

From: shameerainfo@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 13:23:55 -0400
Subject: Re: References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer
To: dev@airavata.apache.org

Hi Alfredo,
Yes you can transfer files from remote machine to your machine(where airavata server is running) by setting application output type as URI when you register the application interface on app catalog.
You can configure your ssh private and public keys in airavata-server.properties. You need to provide correct values to following fields.
################# ---------- For ssh key pair authentication ------------------- ################
#public.ssh.key=/path to public key for ssh
#private.ssh.key=/path to private key file for ssh
#ssh.keypass=passphrase for the private key
#ssh.username=username for ssh connectionRegards, Shameera.

--
Best Regards,Shameera Rathnayaka.
email: shameera AT apache.org , shameerainfo AT gmail.comBlog : http://shameerarathnayaka.blogspot.com/

Re: References for SSH/SCP Airavata key setup and file transfer

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alfredo,

--
Best Regards,