Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net> on 2021/09/02 08:35:03 UTC

Re: [BETA] Apache NetBeans 12.5-beta2 available for testing

Neil C Smith schrieb am 26.08.2021 um 17:43:
>> In "my dump" only "org.netbeans.modules.project.ui.actions.LookupSensitiveAction"
>> and "Load Open Projects" are blocked, whereas in the thread dumps in that issue substantially more threads
>> are involved.
>>
>> However "Load Open Projects" seems to always be included, so I attached my dump to that issue.
>
> Definitely looks to be NETBEANS-5914 - key thing is deadlock around
> org.netbeans.spi.project.support.DelegatingLookupImpl.doDelegate
>
> The LookupSensitiveAction thread stuck in
> org.netbeans.modules.maven.ActionProviderImpl.isActionEnabled seems to
> be across these too, and had recent-ish changes ???
>
> Marked that as a blocker for 12.5 for now too then!

The freeze didn't occur since then.

However, I experience many short "locks" where NetBeans 12.5 pegs the CPU and becomes unresponsive for a few seconds.
Anything I type during that, only appears when this "lock" goes away  (and CPU usage goes down again).

This happens more and more the longer NetBeans runs.
I suspected GC or something similar, but the performance toolbar icon shows it has enough memory.

Anyway, this made me go back to 12.4 where I never experienced anything like that

In both cases I used the same memory settings: 1.3GB and had about 10 Gradle based projects open
(I general I have the impression that using Gradle makes NetBeans use way more memory compared to Maven projects, not just because of the dreaded daemon)

Thomas