Posted to user@hive.apache.org by wesley dias <we...@outlook.com> on 2013/09/21 12:18:34 UTC

Building hive package against latest hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Hello Everyone,

I am new to hive and I had a query related to building the Hive package from source. Is it possible to build a hive distribution against the latest hadoop source which is hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT?

Currently, when I create a hive distribution and try running it against the latest hadoop package created by me It give a build not supported message. So just wanted to check it there was a way to build Hive package from ant using latest hadoop version present in source.

Regards,

Wesley

RE: Building hive package against latest hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by wesley dias <we...@outlook.com>.
I did read on the hive documentation that we could build the package using -Dhadoop.version="<your-hadoop-version>" option with ant package command.
However, it is also mentioned in the documentation that by default, Hadoop tarballs are pulled from http://mirror.facebook.net/facebook/hive-deps. So if the hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT tarball is not present on that location(which it is not). The package may not build correctly.
This is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Wesley
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 21:10:35 +1000
Subject: Re: Building hive package against latest hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT