Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by keith <ke...@ucla.edu> on 2010/05/03 08:11:18 UTC

WSDL2Java, I want custom Java code

Hi Axis Users,

I use Axis's WSDL2Java emitter to generate Java classes from a WSDL
document.  I want to add custom methods to an emitted class in a way
that is compatible with WSDL and the emitter.  Is there a way to embed
arbitrary Java code in a WSDL document so that it is added unchanged
to the Java source code WSDL2Java generates?  Perhaps in a CDATA
section?  Or, what is the best way to accomplish my goal?  Should I
use an extension mechanism?

Thanks,
Keith

Re: WSDL2Java, I want custom Java code

Posted by Nan Null <nu...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you're trying to get to a solution before you think hard about
the problem.  Another way of saying it is that there maybe a better
solution than what you think.

What exactly do you want to do that makes  you think you need
customized generated code?

Maybe knowing that, someone may point you a better solution.

RE: WSDL2Java, I want custom Java code

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
any operation not specifically handling input or output SOAPmessages would be a no-op to the Axis2 transport engine
you would not want the WSDL2Java SOAPMessage to take on these additional tasks as the Axis engine ONLY handles SOAPMessages

Perhaps Andreas Keith or Paul can shed more insight
?
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

How to Embed an Axis2 based Web Service in your Webapp

Posted by Bartolomeo Nicolotti <bn...@siapcn.it>.
Hello,

I've followed instructions on this link

http://wso2.org/library/90

to build a web service as a separate web application, but without using
maven, as we're using Eclipse and I don't have any knowledge of maven.

The web service works fine, but I've had some problems with listing the
web services with this url:

http://localhost:8080/WS_my/services/listServices

We've solved this problem by copying the axis2-web folder from axis2 web
application.

Maybe this could save some hours to others

Many thanks

Bye!

Re: WSDL2Java, I want custom Java code

Posted by mohit sikri <si...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Keith,

I think you can do that.
Well codegen(wsdl2java) uses xsl templates and data-binding to convert emitted xml into java classes.

I'm sure on modifying generated skeleton and skeleton interface, callback message manager java code by modifying templates
present under
axis2-1.3\modules\codegen\src\org\apache\axis2\wsdl\template\java.

Thanks,
Mohit