Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom Allison <to...@tacocat.net> on 2007/06/30 13:07:09 UTC

config clarification

For configuration options listed in perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin can I
put the settings into local.cf?

Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf says yes, but it doesn't say it applies to
args for Mail::SpamAssassin->new();

And what does 'save_pattern_hits' get me that I otherwise wouldn't have?

Re: config clarification

Posted by Lindsay Haisley <fm...@fmp.com>.
On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 07:07 -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
> For configuration options listed in perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin can I
> put the settings into local.cf?
>
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf says yes, but it doesn't say it applies to
> args for Mail::SpamAssassin->new();

According to the perldoc ....

           If none of "rules_filename", "site_rules_filename", "user-
           prefs_filename", or "config_text" is set, the "Mail::SpamAssassin"
           module will search for the configuration files in the usual
           installed locations using the below variable definitions which can
           be passed in.

           PREFIX
               Used as the root for certain directory paths such as:

                 '__prefix__/etc/mail/spamassassin'
                 '__prefix__/etc/spamassassin'

               Defaults to "/usr".

           DEF_RULES_DIR
               Location where the default rules are installed.  Defaults to
               "/usr/share/spamassassin".

           LOCAL_RULES_DIR
               Location where the local site rules are installed.  Defaults to
               "/etc/mail/spamassassin".

If your local.cf is in /etc/mail/spamassassin, then apparently the
answer is yes.   My undersanding is that everything in that directory
gets read.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "In an open world,    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    who needs Windows  |      available at