Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 13:13:40 UTC

Query | Help needed in Regular Expression

hello team,

I just wanted your help to resolve the issues with the regular expression.

In my web request one of the web request response page contains the
following data.

<li><a href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=T04185&cityId=3117735"
title="HIGH TECH AVENIDA - Rank - 1 ">
<li><a href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=TRA1&cityId=3117735"
title="TRAVELODGE TORRELAGUNA - Rank - 2 ">

I wanted to extract

1) octopusPropertyCode="*T04185*"
2) cityId="*3117735*"

I have given the following pattern for Property Code

*Regular Expression:* href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=(.*?)&
*Template :* $1$
*match No:* 1
*Default value :* -1

For city ID

*Regular Expression:* href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=(.*?)"
I thought it must have the extracted value as "*
octopusPropertyCode=T04185&cityId=3117735*" if so, how can i split city id
from this,
provided if the regular expression is working correct.

But it returned the default value only (-1). Do i need to escape the "?"
character? if so, how?

can anybody  please help me to extract the property code & city id from this
expression?
Sometimes back i have seen a mail to print the extracted code in the title
bar?
can any one please tell me how to see the extracted values from the web
request?

Awaiting to hear from you team

Thanks in advance
Mohamed Niyas M

Re: Query | Help needed in Regular Expression

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 18/09/2008, Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
>  Due to our stage build instability the samplers landed to error page.
>  I confirmed this by checking other scripts which was working well with the
>  RE attached with it.
>  When i ran those scripts, that RE samplers didnot get the exact values which
>  it retreives properly before.
>
>  So i wait for sometime for the latest build, & checked with the RE. It
>  worked well. The other point which i shown in the Jmeter log does not having
>  any issue even though it is shown as "Response data too Large".  All the

This is because of the potential problems when displaying large amounts of data.

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree

where it says:

"If the response data is larger than 200K, then it won't be displayed.
To change this limit, set the JMeter property
view.results.tree.max_size "

You can also save the response to a file using:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

Posted by Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

very annoying error

Posted by "Marmelstein, John" <jo...@bearingpoint.com>.
Hi All,
I'm getting the following error from a http request. Might anyone have seen similar before?

       mod_wchandshake: incorrect uri: Java/1.6.0_10-rc passed in

It is back to JMeter coming from Oracle Web Cache (like a web server). So far I have not seen the server logs.
thanks!
JM

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

BearingPoint Ireland Limited is a private limited company which is incorporated in Bermuda No. 28723, registered as a branch in Dublin, Ireland No. E4448. Registered office: Montague House, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.

Re: Query | Help needed in Regular Expression

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Posted by Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/09/2008, Mohamed Niyas <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello team,
>
>  I just wanted your help to resolve the issues with the regular expression.
>
>  In my web request one of the web request response page contains the
>  following data.
>
>  <li><a href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=T04185&cityId=3117735"
>  title="HIGH TECH AVENIDA - Rank - 1 ">
>  <li><a href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=TRA1&cityId=3117735"
>  title="TRAVELODGE TORRELAGUNA - Rank - 2 ">
>
>  I wanted to extract
>
>  1) octopusPropertyCode="*T04185*"
>  2) cityId="*3117735*"
>
>  I have given the following pattern for Property Code
>
>  *Regular Expression:* href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=(.*?)&

That should be: href="hotelDetails.form\?octopusPropertyCode=(.*?)&

because form? means "for" optionally followed by "m".

>  *Template :* $1$
>  *match No:* 1
>  *Default value :* -1
>
>  For city ID
>
>  *Regular Expression:* href="hotelDetails.form?octopusPropertyCode=(.*?)"
>  I thought it must have the extracted value as "*
>  octopusPropertyCode=T04185&cityId=3117735*" if so, how can i split city id
>  from this,
>  provided if the regular expression is working correct.
>
>  But it returned the default value only (-1). Do i need to escape the "?"
>  character? if so, how?

See above.