Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by christophe <ma...@wanadoo.fr> on 2019/02/08 07:20:14 UTC

outdated page in the page cache of wicket

Hello

I am facing a strange behavior and I need your help to root cause it.

1) I still use Wicket 6.3
2) the problem occurs when the application runs on Apavhe Tomcat 7. Not
tested on any other app server

3) The issue is as foillows
a) under a specific scenario a page is displayed along with a dialog box (a
warning to the user)
b) the user dismisses the box & clicks on a button to bring up a new dialog
box
c) when the user click on the "dismiss" button (Ajx button) if that dialog
box wicket throws a component not found exception  because it cannot find
the "button" is the page.

However: the page is 'displayed' as it must and each and every component
that i expect in the dialog box is there. This tells me that the page has
been correctly built & update, and that the "modifications" ave been
propagated to the browser.

I wonderd what happened, so I did the following
The application,n after having created  or updated a page keeps a "pointer"
to the WebPage in the Wicket session
When an AJAX event is received I take a look at the contents of the HTTP
request & more precisely to the Http Session and, when the exception occurs
I notice the following:
1) the reference to the page in the Wicket session is exactly what it must
2) the page is the "page store" that is used to "match" the incoming request
to the "target page" is an outdated one. Actually it is a couple of
"incoming messages & page updates" old

It looks like either the page, when modified by the application is not
updated (or the updated vesion does not replace the obsolete on) or the page
is not serialized/deserialize as it must

Once again this is a very specific scenario so the anomaly must be in ^my
code. I have beed unable to root cause it and I was wondering is someone
could help me with this

Regards
Christophe

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: outdated page in the page cache of wicket

Posted by sven <sv...@meiers.net>.

Hi,

I doubt anybody will be able to pinpoint the problem just from reading your description. So

- upgrade to 6.30.0 first

- check your log for serialization errors

- create a quickstart

Regards

Sven

> On 08.02.2019 at 08:20,  <christophe>  wrote:
>

>  Hello I am facing a strange behavior and I need your help to root cause it. 1) I still use Wicket 6.3 2) the problem occurs when the application runs on Apavhe Tomcat 7. Not tested on any other app server 3) The issue is as foillows a) under a specific scenario a page is displayed along with a dialog box (a warning to the user) b) the user dismisses the box  &  clicks on a button to bring up a new dialog box c) when the user click on the "dismiss" button (Ajx button) if that dialog box wicket throws a component not found exception because it cannot find the "button" is the page. However: the page is 'displayed' as it must and each and every component that i expect in the dialog box is there. This tells me that the page has been correctly built  &  update, and that the "modifications" ave been propagated to the browser. I wonderd what happened, so I did the following The application,n after having created or updated a page keeps a "pointer" to the WebPage in the Wicket session When
 an AJAX event is received I take a look at the contents of the HTTP request  &  more precisely to the Http Session and, when the exception occurs I notice the following: 1) the reference to the page in the Wicket session is exactly what it must 2) the page is the "page store" that is used to "match" the incoming request to the "target page" is an outdated one. Actually it is a couple of "incoming messages  &  page updates" old It looks like either the page, when modified by the application is not updated (or the updated vesion does not replace the obsolete on) or the page is not serialized/deserialize as it must Once again this is a very specific scenario so the anomaly must be in ^my code. I have beed unable to root cause it and I was wondering is someone could help me with this Regards Christophe -- Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsu
bscribe@wicket.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@wicket.apache.org