Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Jablow, Eric R" <Er...@ManTech.com> on 2011/11/20 06:46:06 UTC

Added issue for assertFeedback

I've just submitted issue WICKET-4246 for the problem I found where WicketTester.assertFeedback required the actual feedback messages to be the expected messages in their exact order. Since the ftlines validation project through the Hibernate validator project returns messages in an unspecified and nondeterministic order, testing for the existence of messages is not very useful.

I'd provide a patch, but I'm not sure what is more Wicket-y; have assertFeedback compare a sorted version of the expected messages to a sorted version of the actual messages, or to add a WicketTester.assertFeedbackInAnyOrder method.

I did later attach a Maven quickstart project. This has a test class with two methods, one of which will fail in each run; the one that does cannot be predicted.

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain company proprietary and legally privileged information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this in error, please reply immediately to the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.

Re: Added issue for assertFeedback

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Jablow, Eric R <Er...@mantech.com>wrote:

> I've just submitted issue WICKET-4246 for the problem I found where
> WicketTester.assertFeedback required the actual feedback messages to be the
> expected messages in their exact order. Since the ftlines validation
> project through the Hibernate validator project returns messages in an
> unspecified and nondeterministic order, testing for the existence of
> messages is not very useful.
>
> I'd provide a patch, but I'm not sure what is more Wicket-y; have
> assertFeedback compare a sorted version of the expected messages to a
> sorted version of the actual messages, or to add a
> WicketTester.assertFeedbackInAnyOrder method.
>
> I did later attach a Maven quickstart project. This has a test class with
> two methods, one of which will fail in each run; the one that does cannot
> be predicted.
>
> Respectfully,
> Eric Jablow
> This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and
> state law governing electronic communications and may contain company
> proprietary and legally privileged information.  If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this in error, please reply immediately
> to the sender and delete this message.  Thank you.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com
*Need a CMS for Wicket?  Use Brix! http://brixcms.org*