Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Mannion <ch...@nonstopgov.com> on 2009/12/11 17:08:42 UTC

deploying a service with multiple operations

Using Axis2, if a deploy a Java class with multiple public methods,
what governs which request message is directed to which method for
processing?  The configuration documentation mentions that "If the
service impl class is Java, then all the public methods in that
service will be exposed", implying that it's certainly possible for a
service to expose multiple operations, but with not mention of the
mechanism used to map messages to methods.

For example, I have a class called UpdateTransactions, with three
public methods, updateCaseStatus, updateExternalIds and
updateStageDetails.  I've also written a WSDL file for an
UpdateTransactions service with three operations matching those three
methods, so there are different input messages defined for each
operation.  But as far as I can tell, Axis2 isn't aware of the wsdl of
a service its deploying, so I don't see how it can know which input
message relates to which operation.  I'm sure I'm missing some
configuration step to set this, can anyone tell me what it is?

--
Chris Mannion
iCasework and LocalAlert implementation team