Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Garrick Dasbach <Ga...@musicrebellion.com> on 2004/03/16 16:33:09 UTC

Passing sitemap parameters to JSP pages

I have seen this question asked previously on this list, but so far have
not found any answers.

I have an action, which purchases a product and, if successful, returns
the order number to the sitemap.  If the action succeeds, then I want to
pass that order number to a JSP page to retrieve the order information
and generate the XML necessary to display the order results page.  The
snippet below illustrates my situation.

<map:match pattern="purchase">

   <map:act type="purchase">

      <!-- Successful Purchase -->

      <map:generate type="jsp" src="data/purchaseResults.jsp">

         <map:parameter name="ordernum" value="{ordernum}"/>

      </map:generate>

      <map:serialize type="html"/>

   </map:act>

   <!-- Failed Purchase -->

   <map:redirect-to uri="failure.html"/>

</map:match>

Unfortunately, passsing the order number to my JSP page doesn't work.
Is there any way to accomplish this?

____________________________
Garrick Dasbach
Software Development
Digonex Technologies, Inc.
317.638.4174 Fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this transmission is private, confidential, may be legally privileged, is property of the sender and is intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee, you should not read, disclose, distribute, copy, use or rely upon the information contained in this transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error please delete or destroy it and notify DIGONEX TECHNOLOGIES, INC. immediately at (317) 638-4154.

AW: Passing sitemap parameters to JSP pages

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi garrick,

of course you can pass parameters but not 'sitemap parameters' per se, since
JSP pages are not aware of the sitemap (how would you get at the sitemap
parameters from within a JSP?). the most straightforward IMO would be to
pass those parameters as request or session attributes which you should be
able to access without any trouble. have a look at
SessionPropagatorAction/PropagatorAction (and OutputModule's) or write your
own action(s) to do the work.