Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jmltest jmltest <jm...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 10:53:13 UTC

multibyte data getting corrupted with HTTP POST - when used jmeter 2.3.4

Hi Jmeter Team,

I have a problem  with POST  when moved to latest 2.3.4 version of Jmeter.
Below  is my scenario explained :

when i started writing the testplan using Jmeter - i had  downloaded the
version = 2.3RC4.
The HTTP POST requests , were working fine .  i.e multibyte data was working
fine for my requests/responses. Everything with this jmeter version
absolutely works fine w.r.t multibyte data. Note: Earlier to this version
the content was getting corrupted. We saw some bug fixes being mentioned.
Hence we picked this 2.3RC4 which was latest available at that time .

Now, about 2 days back i wanted to use latest Jmeter version .  So  i
downloaded latest  released version  i.e  2.3.4 .
Then ,
Opened my existing  .jmx file  having my testcases/plan.
then Ran/executed  that test - i.e HTTP POST request  using this jmeter
version.

Problem :

the data is getting corrupted & POST request fails (because my response
assertion is checking for a multibyte data content in the Response data
obtained ) .  I can see under the view result tree that the Responses are
having multibyte  data getting corrupted - its garbled.

Please Note:
In my HTTP Requests , i have set the Content Encoding to UTF-8 .  Also there
has been absolutely no change when i opened my same jmx file in new jmeter
gui.    i.e

 ---  If i run my .jmx file in   2.3RC4 version , it works fine properly
 ---- if i run the same jmx file using 2.3.4 version ,  it fails. i.e
multibyte data gets corrupted .

Note: jmeter.properties file has settings also same . No change as such b/w
the versions when i ran the jmeter.

Could you please tell me if anything changed in 2.3.4 that caused this
problem --- does HTTP POST requests containing Multibyte data work with
2.3.4  ?  is there anything extra that i need to do here  ?
Why the same testcase runs successfully in 2.3.RC4  , but fails when i
execute same on 2.3.4  ?

can you kindly help me .

thanks
jml.

Fwd: multibyte data getting corrupted with HTTP POST - when used jmeter 2.3.4

Re: multibyte data getting corrupted with HTTP POST - when used jmeter 2.3.4

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/

Posted by jmltest jmltest <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebb