Posted to npanday-users@incubator.apache.org by David Durham <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/25 17:59:57 UTC

declaring system dependencies

I believe I've successfully declared a dependency to log4net, as
mentioned in a previous email.  I have a pom entry like so:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4net</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4net</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.11</version>
      <type>dotnet-library</type>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

And I ran a command like this:

[ddurham@dfwddurham lib]$ mvidn log4net.dll log4net log4net 1.2.11 dll
[ddurham@dfwddurham lib]$ cat ~/bin/mvidn
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=log4net.dll \
                         -DgroupId=log4net \
                         -DartifactId=log4net \
                         -Dversion=1.2.11 \
                         -Dpackaging=dll

This caused a maven error about the missing log4net dependency to go
away.  I am not facing an error about missing "System" dependencies.
For instance:

    The type or namespace name `IHttpHandler' does not exist in the
namespace `System.Web'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I have added the System.Web reference to my project, which did not
resolve the issue.  Do I need to declare a <scope>system</scope>
dependency for System.Web to my pom file?  I have search docs and the
web trying to find an example of this and haven't found anything.
Leads me to believe that the issue is something else.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: declaring system dependencies

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Hi,

this should also work with <type>dotnet-gac</type> or gac_32

    <dependency>
      <groupId>System.Web.Routing</groupId>
      <artifactId>System.Web.Routing</artifactId>
      <version>4.0.0.0</version>
      <type>gac_msil4</type>
      <classifier>31bf3856ad364e35</classifier>
    </dependency>

Posted by David Durham <da...@gmail.com>.
Looks like I can do this: