Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> on 2005/06/08 14:15:22 UTC

Document deactivation problem

Hi, first of all, I'm using lenya 1.2.3, tomcat 5.0.28. Often I need to
deactivate a document in my publication and everything seems to go
smoothly, but its workflow state remains live instead of changing to
authoring. I've looked into documentation and found that the operations
performed during the activation of a document are the following:

   1. look if there are some live children, if no other language version
      is live
   2. delete the live contents (xml file) for the given document id and
      the given language
   3. delete the live resources for the given document id only if no
      other language version is live
   4. delete the language from the node corresponding to given the
      document id or all the node, if no other language version is live.

In the case I'm describing, the condition from (1) is verified as there
are no live children nodes, (4) is performed since I've looked into
sitetree.xml in the live area and the language from the corresponding
node is removed, but (2) and (3) fail, the files remain untouched.

Does anyone else noticed this behavior? Is this a known problem?

Thanks, regards,
Rolando

Re: Document deactivation problem

Posted by David Podunavac <dp...@dserv.net>.
Rolando Isidoro wrote:
> Hi, first of all, I'm using lenya 1.2.3, tomcat 5.0.28. Often I need to
> deactivate a document in my publication and everything seems to go
> smoothly, but its workflow state remains live instead of changing to
> authoring. I've looked into documentation and found that the operations
> performed during the activation of a document are the following:
>
>   1. look if there are some live children, if no other language version
>      is live
>   2. delete the live contents (xml file) for the given document id and
>      the given language
>   3. delete the live resources for the given document id only if no
>      other language version is live
>   4. delete the language from the node corresponding to given the
>      document id or all the node, if no other language version is live.
>
> In the case I'm describing, the condition from (1) is verified as there
> are no live children nodes, (4) is performed since I've looked into
> sitetree.xml in the live area and the language from the corresponding
> node is removed, but (2) and (3) fail, the files remain untouched.
>
> Does anyone else noticed this behavior? Is this a known problem?
>
> Thanks, regards,
> Rolando

well i dont know if i understood you correct but the problem seem to be
in assigning your workflow variable
check webapp/lenya/pubs/default/config/workflow/workflow.xml

   <transition source="live" destination="authoring">
     <event id="deactivate"/>
     <condition
class="org.apache.lenya.cms.workflow.RoleCondition">review</condition>
     <assign variable="is_live" value="false"/>
   </transition>

this calls the event with id="deactivate" which will refence the
check the tasks.xconf at
webapp/lenya/pubs/default/config/tasks/tasks.xconf

   <task id="deactivateDocument">
     <label>Deactivate</label>
     <task id="deactivateDocument"
class="org.apache.lenya.defaultpub.cms.task.Deactivate"/>
     <task id="delect-cache" class="org.apache.lenya.cms.task.AntTask">
       <label>Delete Cache</label>
       <parameter name="target" value="deletecache"/>
       <parameter name="properties.cachedir" value="work/cache"/>
     </task>
   </task>

i dont know if this helps
if not give me a lil more information