Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Magnus Grimsell <ma...@idainfront.se> on 2008/08/12 14:31:35 UTC

running cactus on Java 1.4

I recently built cactus from the trunk and tried to run it on Java 1.4.
Then I got the following error:

<2008-aug-12 kl 12:04 CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101165> <Could not load
user defined filter in web.xml:
ServletContext(id=15304722,name=/test,context-path=/test)
org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class bytes found but
defineClass()failed for: 'org.apache.cactus.server.FilterTestRedirector'
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoa
der.java:187)
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.findClass(ChangeAware
ClassLoader.java:61)
                             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
                             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(GenericClassLoa
der.java:224)
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader.loadClass(ChangeAware
ClassLoader.java:41)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.loadClass(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:6127)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.registerFilter(WebAppServ
letContext.java:3076)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.initFilters(WebAppServlet
Context.java:3053)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3354)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:6208)
                             at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:864)
                             at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEApplicationContainer.ja
va:2134)
                             at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer
.java:2175)
                             at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer
.java:2122)
                             at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Application.setActivation
(SlaveDeployer.java:3099)
                             at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.setActivationStateForAllA
pplications(SlaveDeployer.java:1768)
                             at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.resume(SlaveDeployer.java
:351)
                             at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.resume(D
eploymentManagerServerLifeCycleImpl.java:229)
                             at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:136)
                             at
weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:965)
                             at
weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:360)
                             at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/cactus/server/FilterTestRedirector (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0)
                             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
                             at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
                             at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericCla
ssLoader.java:480)
                             at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoa
der.java:182)
                             ... 22 more

After looking in the pom I realize that target and source is set to 5.
Isn't cactus supposed to work on a 1.4 jvm?

/Magnus

Re: running cactus on Java 1.4

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Magnus Grimsell
<ma...@idainfront.se> wrote:
> I haven't committed anything since we moved to svn.
> Should someone grant me access to svn or should it work by magic?
> My old password does not seem to work.

<snip/>

  http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

-Rahul

> /Magnus

<snap/>

RE: running cactus on Java 1.4

Posted by Magnus Grimsell <ma...@idainfront.se>.

cactus-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: running cactus on Java 1.4

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.

RE: running cactus on Java 1.4

Posted by Magnus Grimsell <ma...@idainfront.se>.

Re: running cactus on Java 1.4

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Magnus,

> [...]

> org/apache/cactus/server/FilterTestRedirector (Unsupported major.minor
> version 49.0)
>                             at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>                             at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
>                             at
> java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>                             at
> weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(GenericCla
> ssLoader.java:480)
>                             at
> weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(GenericClassLoa
> der.java:182)
>                             ... 22 more
> >

> After looking in the pom I realize that target and source is set to 5.
> Isn't cactus supposed to work on a 1.4 jvm?

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.