Posted to user@hive.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2012/10/15 22:00:33 UTC

Hive Issues RCFile - Binary fields Corruption or field storage issues?

I am putting binary data into binary columns in hive and using RCFile. Most
data is just fine in my very large table, however queries over certain time
frames get me RCFile/Compression issues.  The data goes in fine.  Is this a
FS level corruption issue? Is this something tunable? How would I even go
about troubleshooting something like this?

Hive Runtime Error while processing writable SEQ
-org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.RCFile$KeyBuffer/org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.RCFile$ValueBuffer
'org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec hive.io.rcfile.column.number 72 T6J