Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Sandesh Hegde <sa...@datatorrent.com> on 2015/11/10 23:34:04 UTC

Apex-119 - Distributed Operator design discussion

Hello All,

Tim & I started working on Apex 119
<https://malhar.atlassian.net/browse/APEX-119> and came up with the
following design document.

Idea is to treat all the partitions of an operator as a single unit, they
all will work on the same window and if one of them fails all the
partitions are brought back to common checkpoint.

You can comment on the document, once it is finalized, we will attach the
document to Jira.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rau76WxAycyN9vQqP2bqDWZAwLw0u23xSh0_5fQ1980/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Sandesh

Re: Apex-119 - Distributed Operator design discussion

Posted by Chandni Singh <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
Hey Tim/Sandesh,

While searching for a doc, I stumbled on the document of Chord protocol.
Don't know how much relevant is this for this project but just wanted to
share.
Here is the doc link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12iOWPaA82g3JahjUflEyvirQA4_hL8SrGyit_Iunobk/edit

Also it is a standard protocol so you can look it up and will find more
information.

Thanks,
Chandni

Posted by Timothy Farkas <ti...@datatorrent.com>.