Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daxin Zuo <dz...@techexcel.com> on 2004/09/25 02:27:42 UTC

Which version of Tomcat and Apache for my UNIX sparc Computer?

My computer:
#uname -a
SunOS sunbox 5.8 Generic_108528-17 sun4u sparc SUNW, Sun-Blade-100

I see the latest Apache for my computer is
   httpd-2.0.43-sparc-sun-solaries2.8.tat.gz
  What Tomcat and Tomcat-connector should I use with this version of Apache?

Please help.
Thanks.

Re: I cannot solve it without your help-- C Processor '/lib/cpp' fails sanity check

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danzin,

You're not on the good mailing list.
This one is for the Tomcat Server (a servlet container) and not the
HTTPD server.

Check this page : http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

Arnaud

Posted by Rhino <rh...@sympatico.ca>.
I think you're asking this in the wrong place. Your question has nothing to
do with Tomcat.

Rhino

Re: Which version of Tomcat and Apache for my UNIX sparc Computer?

Posted by Wade Chandler <wc...@redesetgrow.com>.
Daxin Zuo wrote:

> My computer:
> #uname -a
> SunOS sunbox 5.8 Generic_108528-17 sun4u sparc SUNW, Sun-Blade-100
>
> I see the latest Apache for my computer is
>    httpd-2.0.43-sparc-sun-solaries2.8.tat.gz
>   What Tomcat and Tomcat-connector should I use with this version of Apache?
>
> Please help.
> Thanks.

IMHO there is no good reason why you shouldn't use the latest release of
Tomcat.  As far as connectors go you'll either have to get some binaries
built from someone else with a Solaris box with the version of apache or
build them yourself from the source.

Wade