Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "bphillips@ku.edu" <bp...@ku.edu> on 2012/09/06 20:52:10 UTC

Updated Struts 2 Ant Examples

I updated the Struts 2 basic and hello world Ant examples at
http://struts.apache.org/2.3.4.1/docs/getting-started.html to include the
latest Struts 2 version and other required jars.

I noticed that sometime after version 2.3.3 Struts 2 no longer needs
commons-lang 2.X but just needs commons-lang3.

As I get time I'll work on updating the other Ant examples to use the latest
jars and Struts version.  The Maven examples are not as out of date and also
are much easier for end users to update by just changing the struts2-core
version number in pom.xml.

Bruce

Re: Updated Struts 2 Ant Examples

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@gmail.com>.
2012/9/6 bphillips@ku.edu <bp...@ku.edu>:
> I updated the Struts 2 basic and hello world Ant examples at
> http://struts.apache.org/2.3.4.1/docs/getting-started.html to include the
> latest Struts 2 version and other required jars.
>
> I noticed that sometime after version 2.3.3 Struts 2 no longer needs
> commons-lang 2.X but just needs commons-lang3.

The problem is with third party dependencies which still base on
commons-lang 2.x like Velocity. So in fact you must both libraries,
commons-lang 2.x and commons-lang3.

Anyway, thanks for keeping up the examples in sync :-)

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
mobile +48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/