Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org> on 2016/03/01 11:20:04 UTC

Re: Fix version

Hi Greg,

I agree that we should encourage people to use the "fix version" field
more carefully. I think we need to agree on how we use "fix version".
How about going through the existing "fix version" tagged issues
instead of just removing the tag? I do think that the tagged issues
represent overall more pressing issues than the non-tagged.

Cheers,
Max

Re: Fix version

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
Hi Max,

You are right, there is no need to unlabel old fix versions.

My thought was to treat the fix version like "inbox zero". There is already
an emphasis on closing blockers, but few bugs and fewer features are that
severe. Pull requests can be long lived and require a ready resolution.

Comparing the number of scheduled and unscheduled issues, I think this is
already the common practice.

Greg