Posted to user@storm.apache.org by siddharth ubale <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/15 09:12:06 UTC

trident vs simple topologies

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie when it comes to Storm. Can you please guide me to understand
when it is beneficial to use Trident?
I believe that it is easier to implement joins using Trident, also a simple
topology requires more code when it comes to Joins.
Is my understanding right?
Also, if i use simple topology , it might be difficult for me to compare
two incoming streams on a common criteria  accurately ? am i right?
If u cud also throw some light on whether Trident can be used in production
or is it prone to issues?

Thanks,
Siddharth Ubale