Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "Lockhart, Roland" <R....@aamgroup.com> on 2022/06/01 01:56:04 UTC

Upgrade to Guacamole

Hi

We are currently running Guacamole from a community image from AWS

guaws/stable/hvm-ssd/guacamole-0.9.14-20180311.13-27463c5c-7531-407d-aa0b-0a42912db48f-ami-12a4636f.4

It runs the services in docker containers, and we are fairly out of date with the build

We'd like to upgrade so we don't have to reconfigure everything including connections and users, but not sure where to start

This is the current state
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       guaws_nginx
yyyyyyyyyyyyy       guaws_guaws
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz       guaws_guac
aaaaaaaaaaaa       guacamole/guacd:0.9.14
bbbbbbbbbbb       mariadb:10.2

Hope someone can be of help

Thanks

Roland

[AAM Group]
Roland Lockhart
DevOps Team Lead
+61 8 9228 6807
+61 408 384 993
R.Lockhart@aamgroup.com<ma...@aamgroup.com>
aamgroup.com<https://aamgroup.com/>
[https://aamgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/icon-linkedin.png]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/aam-pty-ltd> [https://aamgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/icon-twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/AAMGroup>  [https://aamgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/icon-youtube.png] <https://www.youtube.com/AAMPtyLtd>

==================================================================== Attention Email Disclaimer Notice - This message is the property of AAM Pty Ltd. The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error please notify AAM Pty Ltd immediately via email to mailadmin@aamgroup.com This email has been scanned and cleared by Exchange Online Protection, however AAM Pty Ltd does not guarantee this message free of viruses, or interference.

Re: Upgrade to Guacamole

Posted by Ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Roland,

That's quite an old version of Guacamole, there have been significant
changes that will require an update to your database schema (from 0.9.14
to 1.0.0).

For your information here are the relevant announcements on versions
later than what you're currently using:

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.0.0/

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.1.0/

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.2.0/

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.3.0/

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.4.0/

I suggest you have a good read of this information before you set about
any upgrade.

You *may* be able to go 0.9.14 -> 1.0.0 -> 1.4.0, but I've never tried
that myself so I can't tell you how it would go. Certainly I wouldn't
try on a production system without first trialling it offline.