Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/22 01:50:24 UTC

GSoC 2021

Hello all,

I'm Pavindu Lakshan, a final year undergraduate of the University of
Moratuwa, who has working experience in Node.js and React.js. I would like
to work on this issue, Improving OPSUI React.js UI with advanced
functionalities <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-1035>, for GSoC
2021 since this involves the technologies that I'm most familiar with.

For now, I have a very basic understanding of what OODT does, Also, I'm
going through the medium articles that Imesha had posted on the issue and
going to follow the official tutorial
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Core+Tutorials>.

Feedback and suggestions on my current learning path and future steps that
I should follow are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Best regards
Pavindu Lakshan

Re: GSoC 2021 - OODT React components are broken

Posted by Nadeeshan <na...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavindu,

This is regarding your question on setting up the OPSUI React Dashboard
locally.

Just went through the error you have posted in the stack over flow. This
invalid hook call warning can cause due to since we are using *more than
one copy of React* in the same app. Since we are using the* npm link *to
get the component dependency to our dashboard this can be a reason. Will
have a deep look at this and let you know.

Thanks and Regards,
Nadeeshan

Posted by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavindu,

Posted by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imesha,

Re: GSoC 2021

Posted by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavindu,

Re: GSoC 2021

Posted by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imesha,

Re: GSoC 2021

Posted by Pavindu Lakshan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Imesha,

It took me several days to respond because of my university exams. However,
I went through the articles you mentioned and they helped me to broaden my

Re: GSoC 2021

Posted by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pavindu,