Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Goncharuk <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/25 13:53:08 UTC

Cluster metrics - review for PageMemory

Igniters,

Since we moved to the PageMemory architecture, several ClusterMetrics
methods became questionable, so I would like to discuss this before the
release. Currently, ClusterMetrics contains the following methods:
getNonHeapMemoryCommitted(),
getNonHeapMemoryUsed(),
getNonHeapMemoryInitialized(),
getNonHeapMemoryTotal(),
getNonHeapMemoryMaximum()

I suggest we remove Total and Committed metrics, and the rest of the
methods will have the following semantics:
Initialized() - start size of all memory policies
Max - max size of all memory policies
Used - size of all allocated pages

Thoughts?

Re: Cluster metrics - review for PageMemory

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Is there a way to provide such metrics for a specific memory policy?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Personally, Total and Committed metrics look confusing to me. Moreover, looks like they interfere with the rest of the metrics this or that way.

So, +1 for the changes proposed by Alex G.

—
Denis

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me.