Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gurvan Le Guernic <gl...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/26 21:45:08 UTC

Error "not under version control" when trying to reintegrate branch

   Hi,

 I am receiving the error "svn: 'workingBranch_gurvan' is not under
version control" when trying to reintegrate a versioned branch.

 I have access to a SVN repository which contains a subdirectory for a
project called jpf-encover. The project is not at the root of the SVN
repository and my rights on this repository evolved.

 The project has one trunk and one brach. The structure of the
repository is the following:
/.../jpf-encover/TRUNK
/.../jpf-encover/BRANCHES/workingBranch_gurvan

 The branch "workingBranch_gurvan" has been created by someone who had
read/write access on the root of the SVN repository. When the branch
has been created I did not had read access to the root of the SVN
repository and was receiving an error regarding PROPFIND when trying
to create the branch.

 The work in the branch is now ready to be reintegrated the trunk.
Without read/write access to the root of the SVN repository I could
not do it (same PROPFIND related error). I got granted read/write
access to the root of the SVN repository in order to do the
reintegration myself.
 Merging back the trunk into the branch went well. In the working copy
of the branch, I did:
   - svn merge https://.../.../jpf-encover/TRUNK
     -> one conflict ('C') that seemed to be vacuous. I opened the
file which did not contain any conflict section (<<<<<<< ========
   - svn commit -m "..."
 But reintegrating the branch into the trunk triggers an error. In the
working copy of the trunk, I did:
   - svn update
     -> ok, no modifications
   - svn merge --reintegrate
https://.../.../jpf-encover/BRANCHES/workingBranch_gurvan
     -> Triggers the error "svn: 'workingBranch_gurvan' is not under
version control"

 So SVN claims the branch is not under version control, but it really
is. If I try "svn add ." in the working copy of the branch,  I get
"svn: warning: '.' is already under version control". If I query the
properties for the branch, I see a property named "svn:mergeinfo" with
value "/.../jpf-encover/TRUNK:137-145".

"svn --version" on my terminal returns "svn, version 1.6.6 (r40053)".
I do not know the version of the server.

 Does anyone knows why svn merge --reintegrate claims the branch is
not under version control?

   Thanks,
   Gurvan