Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jagdish Patil <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/06 06:34:23 UTC

Kubernetes pods are not able to communicate and access internet when deploying K8S via Kubeadm on CloudStack

Hi Everyone,

I am using CloudStack version 4.11.3.0 and it is working fine.

But, when I deployed Kubernetes on 3 VM's(CentOS 7) using Kubeadm, cluster
is getting deployed, but pods which are using slave nodes are not able to
communicate with each other as well as not able to access the internet.

Can anyone please guide me to resolve this issue? or can tell me how should
I install it on CloudStack?

Thanks and Regards,
Jagdish Patil

Re: Kubernetes pods are not able to communicate and access internet when deploying K8S via Kubeadm on CloudStack

Posted by "Riepl, Gregor (SWISS TXT)" <Gr...@swisstxt.ch>.
Hi Jagdish,

I'm not sure why your pods aren't able to communicate with each other.
The network interfaces that ACS sets up are linked through a L2 virtual switch and should be able to talk to each other directly.

Which networking service are you using? https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/cluster-administration/networking/

Also, I don't think kubeadm installs any cloud provider into the cluster. These used to be part of the kube-controller-manager, but are now being phased out.
Please see here: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-kubernetes-provider/
You'll have to build the container yourself for now, unfortunately.

Regards,
Gregor