Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kent Perrier <kp...@ev1.net> on 2002/10/07 17:45:50 UTC

Strange differences in Apache/Tomcat configuration

All,

I am configuring an Apache (2.0.40) server to run in front of Tomcat (4.0.5)
on a machine, running RH 7.2, that is co-located at a hosting provider.  I
have a local Linux box, also running RH 7.2, that I am working using as a
sandbox to play with before I attempt to get the server configured.  I have
identical software versions on both machines.  On my local machine, I can
access http://local/examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp and it works fine.  If
I attempt to access the remote server I get a blank page and, in the web
server error log I get this message:

[Mon Oct 07 10:17:16 2002] [error] [client xxx.xx.xxx.xxx] client denied by server configuration: index.jsp

I have both servers configured identically, as far as I can tell.  A diff
between my local httpd.conf file and the one on the remote server shows that
the only differences are path differences between the two machines and
server names.

Does anyone have an idea why I am setting two different responces from, what
I think are identically different servers?

If you need my httpd.conf from both servers, please let me know.  I don't
want to add these files to this post if they are not necessary.

Thanks!

Kent