Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 11:12:36 UTC

false in filter?

Hi

 <async-supported>false</async-supported> is no more supported by
default int tomcat for filter?

it is used in tcks and seems broken now

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
>> Le 19 févr. 2014 19:01, "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> a écrit :
>
>>> I think I am done for 8.0.x. It is a little verbose but it isn't too bad
>>> considering.
>>
>> Will you backport it on v7?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Any idea when a relase fixing this issues could be out? TomEE needs a
>> security release and would be better to not introduce hacks like the ones
>> we use ATM inside patch versions IMO.
>
> No fixed date I am aware of but I suspect fairly soon.
>
> Mark

Thank you (again ;)

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Le 19 févr. 2014 19:01, "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org> a écrit :

> On 19/02/2014 14:15, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> >> There are two issues here.
> >>
> >> One is the issue cited above although it is much wider than just
> >> async-supported. I'm working though the specs now and I'll extend the
> >> test cases as I go.
> >>

> > It it becomes too complicated,
>
> I think I am done for 8.0.x. It is a little verbose but it isn't too bad
> considering.

Will you backport it on v7?

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> On 18/02/2014 17:43, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>> On 18/02/2014 13:07, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip/>

>>> OK. The error is valid. You have a 2.5 web.xml using 3.0 syntax.
>>> However, if the base web.xml is using 2.5, then there should not have
>>> been any merging. Hmm.
>>>
>>> What schema does /WEB-INF/web.xml declare in your app and where is
>>> TestFilter declared not to support async?
>>>

>> In WebXml.toXml()  lines 715-716 (in trunk)
>> [[[
>>             appendElement(sb, INDENT4, "async-supported",
>>                     filterDef.getAsyncSupported());
>> ]]]
>>
>> needs to be wrapped by an if(version>=...).
>>
>> I tested that default conf/web.xml serializes/parses correctly  but it
>> has no <filter>s in it, so apparently it slipped.
>
> There are two issues here.
>
> One is the issue cited above although it is much wider than just
> async-supported. I'm working though the specs now and I'll extend the
> test cases as I go.

It it becomes too complicated,

Alternative ways:
a)
Write out only those elements that are read by Jasper.

b) Re-implement asking this info from container,
but keep web.xml parser for standalone JspC.

c)
Just turn off validation.

> The second issue is why tldValidation is controlling this. That I'll
> look at once validation is fixed.
>

>From a quick look,
a) there is no separate option to control this.
(neither in catalina's Globals, nor in jasper's Constants, nor in JspC)

b) The parsing itself occurs in
jasper.compiler.JspConfig#processWebDotXml()

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 18/02/2014 16:11, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>> On 18/02/2014 13:07, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>
>> <snip/>

>>> https://gist.github.com/rmannibucau/38292f66783c0d49965b
>>
>> OK. The error is valid. You have a 2.5 web.xml using 3.0 syntax.
>> However, if the base web.xml is using 2.5, then there should not have
>> been any merging. Hmm.
>>
>> What schema does /WEB-INF/web.xml declare in your app and where is
>> TestFilter declared not to support async?
>>

> https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi-tck/blob/1.0/impl/src/main/java/org/jboss/jsr299/tck/tests/lookup/injection/non/contextual/TestFilter.java

Not quite what I meant but I should be able to find what I need. Just to
confirm, you are using version 1.0.0 of the CDI TCK?

> https://github.com/cdi-spec/cdi-tck/blob/1.0/impl/src/main/resources/org/jboss/jsr299/tck/tests/lookup/injection/non/contextual/web.xml

OK. So definitely a 2.5 web app.

>> Exactly how were you enabling/disabling tldValidation? I'm still trying
>> to figure out why enabling that triggered validation of web.xml.
>>

> standardContext.setTldValidation(System.getProperty("myprop", "false"));

OK. I can trace it from there.

Mark

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 18/02/2014 11:06, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>> Yet again, please don't top post.
>>
>> On 18/02/2014 10:21, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> edit: org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig#processWebDotXml validates
>>> the xml immediately and doesn't read the version from WebXml - from
>>> ContextConfig with getMajorVersion, getMinorVersion methods
>>
>> Which Tomcat release are you referring to?
>
> 7.0.52
>

>> What has Jasper's processing of web.xml (which is looking at a sub-set
>> of configuration that doesn't include async support) got to do with this
>> issue?
>>

> I got it from JspConfig:

Got what from JspConfig?

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
> Yet again, please don't top post.

>> edit: org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig#processWebDotXml validates
>> the xml immediately and doesn't read the version from WebXml - from
>> ContextConfig with getMajorVersion, getMinorVersion methods
>
> Which Tomcat release are you referring to?

7.0.52

> What has Jasper's processing of web.xml (which is looking at a sub-set
> of configuration that doesn't include async support) got to do with this
> issue?

I got it from JspConfig:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:230)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:243)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.findJspProperty(JspConfig.java:302)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:114)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:373)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:353)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:340)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:657)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:357)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: false in filter?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.