Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Redmond, Nicole" <ni...@lmco.com> on 2008/12/04 13:35:51 UTC

FW: question about clearcase api

I am trying to use the clearcase
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.clearcase.CCCheckout tool and I
get a null pointer error on line 43 "ckout.execute();".  The code is
attached below.

Here is the Exception:

      at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.clearcase.ClearCase.run(ClearCase
.java:134)

      at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.clearcase.CCCheckout.execute(CCCh
eckout.java:145)

      at
com.lmco.dat.util.ClearCaseMethods.checkOutFiles(ClearCaseMethods.java:4
4)

      at com.lmco.dat.util.Main.main(Main.java:9)

I checked and all of the required attributes are set(

reserved

Specifies whether to check out the file as reserved or not

Yes

).

Do you have a code example that I can view?

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

1   package com.lmco.dat.util;

2

3     import java.io.File;

4     import java.text.SimpleDateFormat;

5

6     import org.apache.tools.ant.Task;

7     import
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.clearcase.CCCheckout;

8

9     public class ClearCaseMethods{

10

11    /**  Date format required by commands passed to Clear Case */

12    static final SimpleDateFormat IN_DATE_FORMAT =

13                                        new
SimpleDateFormat("dd-MMMM-yyyy.HH:mm:ss");

14

15    /**  Date format returned in the output of Clear Case commands. */

16    static final SimpleDateFormat OUT_DATE_FORMAT =

17                                              new
SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMdd.HHmmss");

18

19    /**  The path of the clear case view */

20    private static String viewPath =
"C:/ngrant_irad_view/webapps/IRADMgmt/test.txt";

21    private String branch;

22

23

24    //Constructor

25    public static void ClearCaseMethods(){

26          System.out.println("Here is my Clearcase test");

27    }

28

29

30    public static void checkOutFiles(){

31

32          Boolean reserved = true;

33

34          CCCheckout ckout = new CCCheckout();

35          ckout.setBranch("main");

36          ckout.setDescription("test desc");

37          ckout.setViewPath("C:/ngrant_irad_view");

38          ckout.setComment("here is my comment");

39          ckout.setReserved(reserved);

40          ckout.setOut("C:/ngrant_irad_view/webapps/IRADMgmt/");

41          ckout.setObjSelect("test.txt");

42

43          ckout.execute();

44

    }

RE: question about clearcase api

Posted by "Redmond, Nicole" <ni...@lmco.com>.
Setting project fixes it.  Thank you so much.

> [...]
>
>22
>
>23
>
>24    //Constructor
>
>25    public static void ClearCaseMethods(){
>
>26          System.out.println("Here is my Clearcase test");
>
>27    }
>
>28
>
>29
>
>30    public static void checkOutFiles(){
>
>31
>
>32          Boolean reserved = true;
>
>33
>
>34          CCCheckout ckout = new CCCheckout();
>
>35          ckout.setBranch("main");
>
>36          ckout.setDescription("test desc");
>
>37          ckout.setViewPath("C:/ngrant_irad_view");
>
>38          ckout.setComment("here is my comment");
>
>39          ckout.setReserved(reserved);
>
>40          ckout.setOut("C:/ngrant_irad_view/webapps/IRADMgmt/");
>
>41          ckout.setObjSelect("test.txt");

You could have a look at its source
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/an
t/taskdefs/optional/clearcase/ClearCase.java?view=annotate
Line 134 is
   exe.setWorkingDirectory(aProj.getBaseDir());
aProj is initialized on 130
   Project aProj = getProject();
That method is inherited from ProjectComponent (Task base class extends
that) which returns the project reference needed for logging, properties
etc.

You havent set that value.
   ckout.setProject(...);

Jan