Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/15 09:25:38 UTC

CSS vs Tree2 Component

We have a project that uses JSF(MyFaces Implementation). Actually, we just
inherited this project from a former programmer that had resigned, so we
don't have anything to do with the JSF framework. After doin some
maintenance work on the project, a new requirement was needed. We need to
display a tree like navigation component. I immediately buckle down to
research and found out that the Tomahawk component tree2 is exactly what we
needed. Unfortunately, my boss is keen in using a css based solution to do
the rendering of the tree. What could be my main points in convincing him
otherwise?Thanks (real newbie in jsf here)

Re: CSS vs Tree2 Component

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
There is no reason to use an IFRAME unless you are showing pages from
outside of the JSF system, and CSS will not stop that need. If you are
doing a windows explorer like page with the tree on the left and the
JSF details page on the right, then you simply can use an a4j:include
or ui:include from A4J or facelets respectively. Then on node
selection, just change which "sub-view" is included.

-Andrew

Re: CSS vs Tree2 Component

Posted by kewldude <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Re: CSS vs Tree2 Component