Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vladimer Shioshvili <vs...@qrc.com> on 2003/04/17 18:23:58 UTC

really need help on this..

I've been trying to solve this for a while now. it's bugging me and needs
to be solved at some point.

i would really appreciate any kind of help or suggestions on what to look
at and for.

i have tomcat 4.0.6 on a win2k box running as a server. apache 2.0.43, and
mod_jk. mod_jk woks fine. i have created dependency between apache and
tomcat services, so apache is never started before tomcat.

we restart servers once a week and this machine is restarted as well. i can
participate in the restarting process if necessary, but usually is done by
tech support people.

almost every time i come back next morning (restarting is in the evening as
you would guess) tomcat is using 95-100% of CPU.

the server is still a production and there is no usage - not only there is
not a heavy usage, most of the time there is no one accessing it.

the main thing the jsp pages do is access the SAS institute's server (on
the same machine). some of them create remote objects and use them.

application highly depends on sessions, but session serialization is disabled.

now, when i said "almost every time i come back" - almost because i found
some correlation between tomcat and SAS server. SAS is aborted when Tomcat
is shut down. and only when this happens, does the tomcat abuse the CPU.

does anyone have any suggestions what to look for?

thanks a lot,
vlad

Vladimer Shioshvili

QRC Division of Macro International Inc.
7315 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 400W
Bethesda, MD 20814

Phone: (301) 657 3077 ext. 155