Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Pfeiffer <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/11 20:26:41 UTC

mod_jk-01 VS mod_webapp w/ Tomcat 4.0.3??

Hello,
I am trying to find out which is better, mod_jk-01 or mod_webapp.

Here are my different criteria to base which is better on.

1. Which is more stable, and with what version of apache?

2. Which can do load balancing, and with what version of apache?

3. Which has the best performance for site under a heavy load of traffic, and with what version of
apache?

4. Any other goods or bad which I have not covered in the other 3 questions.

Thanks much for all of your input

Adam

Connecting Apache 2 with Tomcat 4.x

Posted by Edward Wilson <we...@yahoo.com>.
I would like to connect the latest version of Apache
with the latest venison of Tomcat.  It would be great
to find a single doc that could show me how to do this
quickly.  I don't care about millisecond performance
differentials or scalability.  I am trying to upgrade
a previous implementation that used Apache 1.3 with
Tomcat 3.3.

There doesn't seem to be a `clear and quick' way to do
this.  I'm getting caught up in a circular reference
of you can do it this way, or that way, or even a
third way, yet no signal doc actually takes me all the
way through connecting and tweaking Apache 2 with
Tomcat 4. There is even some talk about how the
connector sub-projects have broken off from the server
development and exist autonomously.

I already have Apache 2 and Tomcat 4 running on RedHat
7.3 as well as a completed application running against
Oracle. Everything is working great.  My last issue is
getting Apache to front-end the application and pass
servlet control to Tomcat.

I don't care which connector I use, time is limited, I
wish to use whichever connector has the most complete
documentation.

Does anybody have a quick and furious way to get this
done?  Also, in the past, I was able to download a
binary for intel/linux, this would be great to come
across, somewhere I was reading that one would have to
compile their own if using Apache 2, is this true?