Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexander Kitaev <ki...@tmatesoft.com> on 2011/11/22 17:17:11 UTC

[ANN] SubGit Early Access Program Build #789

Hello All,

Let me introduce our new project: SubGit (http://subgit.com/).
SubGit is a free tool for smooth migration from Subversion to Git. As
well as from Git to Subversion. Without git-svn insanity.
It works like this:
 - Install SubGit into your repository on the server side - Let
initial translation complete (time depends on the size of repository)
- Committers may now use either Git or Subversion (or both) with the
tools of their choice
SubGit EAP builds are free to use builds which you may try and let us
know what do you miss, so that we make sure that all the features you
need are included into the final version of SubGit.
SubGit works on Linux, Windows or OS X and requires Java 5 or
newer.Download new SubGit EAP build from http://subgit.com/
Alexander Kitaev,
TMate Software,
http://subgit.com/ - Two-way ticket to the dark side.
http://svnkit.com/ - Java [Sub]Versioning Library!
http://hg4j.com/ - Java Mercurial Library!
http://sqljet.com/ - Java SQLite Library!

Re: [ANN] SubGit Early Access Program Build #789

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
On 24.11.2011 17:52, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> If I can pry a few cycles free, I'll take a glance at it. But the idea
> of running parallel subversion and git access to the same upstream
> repository makes me very nervous.

Why? A git repository isn't all that functionally different from its
Subversion counterpart. A downstream git fork is effectively just a
fancy working copy with a few extra bells and whistles. The only tricky
part I can think of is git not tracking directories.

What I /don't/ understand is, what's the point.

-- Brane

Re: [ANN] SubGit Early Access Program Build #789

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Alexander Kitaev <ki...@tmatesoft.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Let me introduce our new project: SubGit (http://subgit.com/).
> SubGit is a free tool for smooth migration from Subversion to Git. As
> well as from Git to Subversion. Without git-svn insanity.
> It works like this:

You've just hurt my brain even thinking about this. The migration of
svn:keywords, svn:eol, from git back to Subversion on a live sytem
make my brain hurt eventhinking about it. And the potential for
mutiple Subversion repository split-brain problems with git style
development, tied to multiple "upstream" subversion repositories, is
tying my brain in a knot.

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jesse Thompson <je...@doit.wisc.edu>.
Nice!