Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Varun Thacker <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/11 16:49:28 UTC

SegmentCommitInfos and live/deleted files

I wanted to know whats the difference betwen the two ways that I am getting
a list of all segment files belonging to a segment?

method1 never returns .liv files.

https://gist.github.com/vthacker/98065232c3d2da579700

Varun Thacker
http://www.vthacker.in/

Re: SegmentCommitInfos and live/deleted files

Posted by Varun Thacker <va...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert for pointing out the difference.

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> files are either per-segment or per-commit.
>
> the first only returns per-segment files. this means it won't include
> any per-commit files:
> * segments_N itself
> * generational .liv for deletes
> * generational .fnm/.dvd/etc for docvalues updates.

Understood. These files belong to a commit and not any segment. I didn't
think of this earlier.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.