Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/04 21:16:18 UTC

JStorm Code Import

Longda and JStorm team:

I’m working on importing the JStorm code into the Apache Storm repository and have a few comments/questions.

1) Currently the top-level pom.xml builds only the `jstorm-core` and `jstorm-ui` submodules. Can the other maven submodules be removed?

2) The `jstorm-on-yarn` module appears to be a direct copy of Yahoo’s `storm-yarn` project [1] with the packages renamed and the license headers removed. I will need to remove this.

3) The `jstorm-utility/toplogy-monitor` appears to be a copy of a repository belonging to dianping.com [2]. I will need to remove this as it is not covered by the software grant.

4) The `jstorm-utility/rocket-mq` module is a git submodule pointing to https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-storm <https://github.com/rocketmq/rocketmq-storm>. I would like to remove it.

5) Overall, the `jstorm-utility` looks like it contains components that are add-ons not required for core functionality (and presumably why they are not part of the main build). I would like to remove that directory in the interest of focusing on merging the core functionality of the two codebases. Any useful integration/utility components can always be contributed at a later time.

Let me know if you have any opinions.

-Taylor

[1] https://github.com/yahoo/storm-yarn
[2] https://github.com/dianping/storm-util

Re: JStorm Code Import

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bobby.

There have been a number of different approaches suggested across multiple email threads. I’m working on distilling those suggestions for a more focused discussion.

-Taylor

Re: JStorm Code Import

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

Re: JStorm Code Import