Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Scharinger, Florian" <fl...@joanneum.at> on 2004/05/24 15:27:18 UTC

Samples does not run, no deployed services available

Hi there,

I already posted (an unanswered) message two weeks ago, when I had
problems connecting to a WebService (Invoke success, CheckMessage
fails).

Still, this does not work.

I also figured out, that the provided samples (e.g. Calculator) do NOT
work (properly). When using the SimpleAxisServer.exe, the return result
of the Calculator is always the first passed parameter.
---
Calculator.exe localhost 8080 add 7 5
Sending Requests to Server http://localhost:8080 ........

Result : 7
---

Thus I opened the calculator client source with VS.NET, and debugged:

 Although
int Calculator::add(int Value0, int Value1)
{
[...]
	if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->Invoke())
[...]
}
returns AXIS_SUCCESS, the method fails actually!

The problem is in clientaxisengine.cpp, method:
int ClientAxisEngine::Process(Ax_soapstream* pSoap)
{
[...]
	pService = g_pWSDDDeployment->GetService(pchService);
[...]
}
Method 'GetService' returns NULL, because the member
'm_DeployedServices' (wsdddeployment.cpp) is NULL.

This brings me to the end: Do I have to deploy the /sample/ WebServices
somewhere additionally (or programmatically)?

I really appreciate an answer, otherwise we have to go via JNI to a Axis
Java Stub Client :(

Florian.

  Florian Scharinger
  Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

  phone:  +43-316-876-1219                   fax: +43-316-876-1191
  web:    http://www.joanneum.at/iis
  e-mail: mailto:florian.scharinger@joanneum.at

RE: Samples does not run, no deployed services available

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Did you check the SOAP message that the server sends using tcpmonitor ?.
Tcpmonitor is a Axis Java applet that you can use to check tcp packets.
You can see the soap fault and get the idea where it is wrong.

---

Susantha Kumara
Virtusa (pvt) Ltd.
Office : +94112714385