Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tere ventura <t-...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/27 10:37:32 UTC

Response Assertion inquiry

Hi all,

I've posted a thread previously regarding javascript popup message
validation.

This was about a page wherein a date field is included.
When an invalid date is encountered, a javascript pop up message appears.

I got a reply from sebb, where in i should add a response assertion to
verify if an invalid date is in the
response of my page.

I did this exactly and added a response assertion containing the month "Jan"
and "Feb". It successfully
filtered my invalid date.

Then I tried putting an empty assertion to the response page, and it
filtered my invalid date again,
*what could be the explanation for this?
*how come it validated the response even though the response assertion is
empty?

I also tried putting empty assertions on all my http requests, and again it
filtered the response whenever an error message is encountered.
*how excatly does an response assertion works?

Thanks,
Tess

Re: Response Assertion inquiry

Posted by tere <t-...@hotmail.com>.
Hi all,

Sorry, I've figured this one out. My bad.
It actually treats every thing as an error.

-tere