Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alejandro Raiczyk <al...@technisys.com.ar> on 2000/10/19 20:28:01 UTC

hasChanged & IE

Hi people,

	 I was needing to get some values of the session from a xsl
stylesheet, so I modified the class
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xslt.XSLTProcessor class to do this.

This works fine, but the problem is that when some session values changes, I
must refresh the page, i.e.: I have a var in the session called language
with some value, when I click in "English", a xsp page is called, it puts
languaje="english" and redirects to the page from wich it was called.
The thing is that I can't get the IE to reload the page (the xsl of the page
MUST be applied when the language value changes).

I modified the hasChange() method from XSLTProcessor, adding it to return
false if the session has changed.

As I said before, it doesn't works with IE (I'm trying with version 5) but
it works with Netscape 4.6.

IE always brings the requested page from the cache, without checking if it
hasChanged or not.

Any idea ? Thanks in advance.

Alejandro D. Raiczyk
Desarrollo de Proyectos
Technisys Informática S.R.L.
Tel./Fax: +54(11)4322-7100 int 133
alejandror@technisys.com.ar

Re: hasChanged & IE

Posted by Patricio Barletta <pb...@technisys.com.ar>.
Si no me equivoco, con el explorer cagaste, porque desde el cliente
podes configurar este tipo de cosas, que siempre traiga de la cache, que
se fije si hay una nueva version, etc.