Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bernard Lupin <be...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/04/07 17:23:32 UTC

multi module project and Eclipse - fsutil

Hi all,
I'm using maven with my favorite ide, Eclipse. One of the problems is that
there is nothing within Eclipse to host the parent pom of my multi-module
application : As explained in
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/multi-module-projects.html,
we always have to worry about duplicate folders.

My idea to solve this problem is to use the fsutil dos command (description
at http://www.ss64.com/nt/fsutil.html) to create a hardlink between the root
pom.xml and a pom.xml inside a "root" directory, hosting my Eclipse project.

The hierarchy would be as follow :

|--pom.xml
|--root
|    |-- pom.xml (hardlinked to above pom.xml)
|    |-- .classpath
|    |-- .project

|--module1
|    |-- pom.xml
|    |-- .classpath
|    |-- .project
|    |-- <module1 hierarchy>

|--module2
|    |-- pom.xml
|    |-- .classpath
|    |-- .project
|    |-- <module2 hierarchy>

Does somebody already use this tip ? How would it be managed with svn ?

Thanks for your replies.
Bernard