Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shilpa Nalgonda <sn...@mypublisher.com> on 2004/08/30 21:36:52 UTC

FW: cannot compile resource bundle files...illegal character error:

I am not able to compile resource bundle classes, which are .java files that
require unicode settings.  I am using ant scrpit to compile the files.

my ant scrpit look slike this:

 <javac srcdir="${bundles}" destdir="${build}" encoding="Unicode">
         <classpath>
              <fileset dir="../oemjavalib">
                  <include name="*.jar"/>
              </fileset>
          </classpath>
       </javac>

I am using jdk1.4 and ant 1.4 to compile the files.

Should i chane any unicode setting? please suggest...

Re: FW: cannot compile resource bundle files...illegal character error:

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.
Not sure about using encoding="Unicode" on javac.  However I have used
unicode in my java source and resource bundles.
I convert them to the standard java format using native2ascii then
compile those files.

There is an optional ant task for this:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/native2ascii.html

I use ant to convert my java classes and resources in /src to /src-temp,
then compile the files in /src-temp
eg

<native2ascii encoding="Unicode" src="${src}" dest="${srctemp}" includes="**/*.java"/>

Shilpa Nalgonda wrote:

>I am not able to compile resource bundle classes, which are .java files that
>require unicode settings.  I am using ant scrpit to compile the files.
>
>my ant scrpit look slike this:
>
> <javac srcdir="${bundles}" destdir="${build}" encoding="Unicode">
>         <classpath>
>              <fileset dir="../oemjavalib">
>                  <include name="*.jar"/>
>              </fileset>
>          </classpath>
>       </javac>
>
>I am using jdk1.4 and ant 1.4 to compile the files.
>
>Should i chane any unicode setting? please suggest...

Jason Lea