Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2017/01/03 23:53:07 UTC

Re: Jenkins jobs to verify patches

Given that sentiment, I'll plan on opening up a limited-parallelism
job for anonymous users that only allows gerrit patches.

I will also plan the switchover to happen on January 9, six days from
today. On that day, I'll turn off the Cloudera-VPN-gated pre-merge
job.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
As discussed in the thread, requiring the use of gerrit provides an
auditing method - the code must at least be posted there, so if
something goes haywire we can see the code that caused it.

However, you can post a draft if the code is not yet ready for review.
the Jenkins job can test your draft.

Posted by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.