Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Fedotov, Alexei A" <al...@intel.com> on 2006/11/09 13:43:42 UTC

Tests scores on http://harmonytest.org Was: [DRLVM] General stability

Geir,
I like the overall letter.

Anton,

I have related question. How can we improve http://harmonytest.org to
make it possible to publish not just pass, fail, or error but numeric
test scores?

How this is related to the letter? I believe that stress tests which
were mentioned in the letter may have scores in a way performance tests
do, see
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/stresstest/index.html

BTW, Egor Pasko requested scores to report documentation quality.

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Platforms_to_Run_Harmony_Development_Kit_

Re: [testing] Tests scores on http://harmonytest.org Was: [DRLVM] General stability

Posted by Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com>.
Alexei,

> I like your approach to result comparison. 10% can be default value
> for some form field - anyone can change it if needed.

OK, let's try it and see if it satisfies the community/

> Probably more conventional would be to parse
> <system-out><![CDATA[]]></system-out> for some metric. Does the site
> already parse TEST-* files?

It parses TESTS-TestSuites.xml  - as far as I can see, it contains the
same information as TEST-* files. Is there a common format of output
of stress tests you're talking about?

> Thank you, Alexei
>
> On 11/10/06, Anton Luht <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, Alexei,
> >
> > > I have related question. How can we improve http://harmonytest.org to
> > > make it possible to publish not just pass, fail, or error but numeric
> > > test scores?
> >
> > Easily - test results in JUnit reports have 'time' property -
> > execution time in seconds. We can import and show them in the results.
> > What else is needed? Maybe add something like 'show regressions' to
> > the the 'compare runs' page? For example, show tests that increased
> > execution time by more than 10% sorted by increase rate desc?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Anton Luht,
> > Intel Java & XML Engineering
> >

> --
> Thank you,
> Alexei

Anton Luht,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

Re: [testing] Tests scores on http://harmonytest.org Was: [DRLVM] General stability

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Anton,

I like your approach to result comparison. 10% can be default value
for some form field - anyone can change it if needed.

As for test execution time reported by JUnit, it is applicable for
stress tests as well if we gradually increase a load over time. Though
using ttime field for stress tests and documentation rankings is not
quite conventional.

--
Thank you,
Alexei