Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com> on 2004/11/22 18:19:42 UTC

Re: Subversion newbie question

Chandresh Taunk wrote:
> The geronimo FAQ tells me thet I use 'svnpasswd' command to create the
> password on apache's subversion server; but I don't know what my user
> name is nor how do I create one?
>
> Any help is appreciated,

You only need that if you are a committer. For anonymous access you can
just checkout using the http url

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk

--
Jeremy

Re: Subversion newbie question

Posted by Eric Le Goff <el...@gmail.com>.
> My question is then; how do I become a committer? (I will become one only if
> I come up with a contribution and will not just create an account that will
> be inactive).
I am no committer but I guess this project just follows usual Apache rules.
I have found out http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
where the "meritocracy" and "roles" links makes it very clear.

Eric

Re: Subversion newbie question

Posted by Azfar Kazmi <az...@gmail.com>.
You need to be an active contributer before you can be a committer.
Until then, you have to keep contributing through submitting "patches"
- using cvs/subversion.

See http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo#head-965aaf37bd2d192e107d3a47e95520be6b620bf6

--
Azfar