Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Vianen, Jeroen van" <je...@satama.com> on 2004/09/15 12:19:19 UTC

Another patch for mailer2 and a documentation question

Hi,

At http://www.vanvianen.nl/mailer2/patches-mailer2-20040915.diff is another
patch for mailer2.

It addresses the following issues:
- Fixes addrecipient to add a recipient given as an attribute
- Some documentation and example fixes
- Some code reshuffling storing smtp server and port for subsequent use by
mt:sign or mt:encrypt

The question is about the generated documentation. Automatically the
following text is generated at
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sandbox/doc/mailer2-doc/index.html from
src/taglib/taglib-doc.xsl:

Add a <taglib> element to your web application deployment descriptor in
/WEB-INF/web.xml like this:
<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer2</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/taglibs-mailer2.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

This is no longer required for JSP 2.0 containers because they will find the
tld in the JAR file in WEB-INF/lib automatically. Is it possible to update
the XSL sheet to only generate this bit of documentation for taglibs with
jsp-version <= 1.2?

Regards,

Jeroen

Re: Another patch for mailer2 and a documentation question

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
Hi Jeroen,

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 07:19, Vianen, Jeroen van wrote:

> At http://www.vanvianen.nl/mailer2/patches-mailer2-20040915.diff is another
> patch for mailer2.

I can't apply the patch, it's screwed with those Windows ^M as newlines
:-(

Did you use a 'cvs diff -uN' to generate it?

> This is no longer required for JSP 2.0 containers because they will find the
> tld in the JAR file in WEB-INF/lib automatically. Is it possible to update
> the XSL sheet to only generate this bit of documentation for taglibs with
> jsp-version <= 1.2?

That's not necessary on JSP 1.2 neither - could you please try to fix
the XSL and then send it as patch? (I don't have time right now to try
to fix it myself, so any patch is really welcome :-).

-- Felipe