Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2012/11/07 19:24:15 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Update of "UnicodeComposition" by brane

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "UnicodeComposition" page has been changed by brane:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/UnicodeComposition?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

Comment:
Added implementation nodes

   * NormalizationOfUnicodeComposition - (could be drafted as a competing proposition)

+ = Implementation =
+
+ There is now a [[http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/branches/wc-collate-path|branch]] open for the client-side implementation, generally following these design discussions. It embeds the utf8proc library into libsvn_subr instead of using ICU, but otherwise follows the same general pattern.
+
+ The plan is to provide the following extensions for SQLite:
+  * A collation for paths that normalizes to NFD before comparing keys
+  * A similar replacement for the LIKE operator
+   * this will remove the need to specify "PRAGMA case_sensitive_like=1" since this LIKE operator  will always be case-sensitive.
+
+ Since columns in the database will use non-standard collations, we'll also create a SQLite extension module that defines the same collation and LIKE operator. A new command "svn wcdb" will launch a SQLite shell with the extension loaded and all other required parameters.
+
+ ''N.B.: with a bit of magic we'll make "svn wcdb" work with amalgamated SQLite, which happens to be an amazingly good idea if we use amalgamation to override a too-old or broken installed version.''
+