Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olaf Boede <ol...@gmx.de> on 2001/10/16 20:51:27 UTC

How to build a chain of xsp-pipelines?

Hello,

I've just a - hopefully - simple question:

I want to use the output of a pipeline as input for multiple other
pipelines.

Example sitemap - as I would like to have it... :

 <map:match pattern="datasource">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="mydatasource.xsp"/>
	<map:transform src="preparedatasource.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
 </map:match>

 <map:match pattern="datasink1">
	<map:generate src="cocoon:/datasource"/>
	<map:transform src="dosomething.xsl"/>
	<map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

 <map:match pattern="datasink2">
	<map:generate src="cocoon:/datasource"/>

That sitemap does not work. The generators can't address the 'datasource'
this way....

Thanks for your attention,
Olaf.

AW: How to build a chain of xsp-pipelines?

Posted by Olaf Boede <ol...@gmx.de>.
Thank you. That works.

But: That method adds always an extra root-element to my document.
So, I would have to use the following sequence to include use only the
result of my datasource chain:

<map:match pattern="datasink1">
  <map:aggregate element="mydata">
    <map:part src="cocoon:/datasource"/>
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="remove-mydata-root-element.xsl"/>

  <map:transform src="dosomething.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

That's quite ugly. I think about writing an own generator to get a slim
chain like the following one:

<map:match pattern="datasink1">
 <map:generate type="get-cocoon-result" src="cocoon:/datasource"/>
 <map:transform src="dosomething.xsl"/>
 <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

But: I really would preferr to use an existing generator...

Cheers,
Olaf.

> <map:generate src="cocoon:/datasource"/>
> <map:transform src="dosomething.xsl"/>
> <map:serialize/>
>  </map:match>

you should try this way instead:

<map:match pattern="datasink1">
  <map:aggregate element="mydata">
    <map:part src="cocoon:/datasource"/>
  </map:aggregate>
  <map:transform src="dosomething.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

frank

Re: How to build a chain of xsp-pipelines?

Posted by Frank Taffelt <fr...@interface-business.de>.
Hi,