Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bhaarat Sharma <bh...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/17 17:49:54 UTC

OT YUI slider post conntection

Hello

I am trying to integrate struts2 with YUI.  Trying to make a slider
bar that will have price range from 0 - 200 and when user moves the
slider bar the items on the right are updated automatically based on
the current position of the slider bar.  so Items on the right will be
in different <div>'s i am guessing and will be slide up/down or
show/hide based on the slider.

I am lost as to where to begin with this. I havnt worked with YUI and
struts 2 before.

Any pointers where to start iwth this?

Was thinking about just making something that shows/hides a div in YUI
but ddint find an example of this in their vast # of examples :(

Re: OT YUI slider post conntection

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
To get started, forget about Struts 2 for the moment.

Follow the YUI Slider examples provided by
Yahoo.http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/slider/
Attach your own listener to the slider and show convince yourself by
updating a form field dynamically
If your content is not dynamic, your JSP can contain hidden divs and
your javascript simply show and hide the divs.
Otherwise, use the YUI Connection Manager to get or post to a struts2
action in your slider listener.  The action is just addressed by a URL
(eg. /myaction.action)
If your action provides an HTML response, the callback function for the
Connection Manager can insert that response into the page.
If your action needs to provide data, you can use the Struts2 JSON
Plugin or a JSON or XML template with the action and your callback can
use that object.

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans